13th March 2020
Dear Residents and Families
I wish to thank you all very sincerely for your patience and co-operation since our visiting restrictions began last Friday 6th March. As you know we took these steps as a precautionary measure, given the particular vulnerability of the older person to the COVID-19 virus. Thank you all so much for the kind messages of support and gratitude that you have communicated to staff in the nursing home, they are very much appreciated.
As you know this is a fast-changing situation, but I wanted to reassure you of some of the measures we have taken to protect all of the residents and staff:
- Our clinical staff have been receiving all of the up to date information from the HSE on a day to day basis and have been vigilant about their hand hygiene practices and infection prevention and control measures
- Purchasing have been working really hard on ensuring security of the supply of all essential goods like food, medical equipment and personal protective equipment for staff
- Our housekeeping staff have been increasing the frequency of cleaning and paying particular attention to high risk surfaces
- Our managers across the TLC Group continue to work on recruitment and rosters to ensure that now in the light of schools closing, that we can ensure adequate staff every day. Staff have responded very positively and we will all work together to make sure that resident care remains our number one priority.
- We are liaising closely with our GP, hospital and pharmacy partners to ensure that whatever treatment or medicines that residents need are available to them in a timely manner.
- Activities staff are continuing to provide fun and engaging activities for residents on a daily basis. Staff will facilitate video calls with residents and families wherever possible to ensure you are kept in contact and reassured.
We will continue to update you by webtext and encourage you again to phone the centre rather than turning up to speak with staff. We appreciate this is a difficult time for everyone but please be certain that we are working very hard to minimize the impact of this situation on your loved ones and all our actions are aimed at keeping them safe.